Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mugen


So I've been thinking about taking on a new project, and I came upon Mugen.

Mugen is a fighting game engine that allows you to create youre own characters and backgrounds.
After searching for the program, but found nothing but broken links. I finally found the program but required some sort of video card program called "vesa". I don't know if anyone's heard of it, but apparently it's pretty old.

Pretty much every resource for this program was taken off the web a while back due to copyright issues.
I was about to quit, it was far too much trouble for what it was worth. But I came across Winmugen, which I could actually run.

I found some tutorials on how to make sprites and things should go pretty smoothly if I can get a hold of photoshop. So right now I feel pretty positive about making a fighting game. But we'll see in a week or two if I feel the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home