Monday, March 13, 2006

The Crude 'Lude

If you know me, you've heard the stories of my car... The 'lude and I have been through many adventures together which include stalling, flying hubcaps, and ladies (you know that story). When I purchased the car, I actually couldn't drive it, because I had a cast on from my accident in my previous car.
The Prelue was in decent condition....nothing to really complain about... but gradually, as months went on, things started to go weird... strange noises, mostly. I've been able to live with it for the most part, but occasionally it kind of gets to me. Take this morning for instance.
Here's the scenario:

It's morning, and I open the door to the prelude and sit down...This is where the issues arrise. As soon as I rest my back on the seat, I fall backwards. YES, the seat IS broken. (I haven't fixed it yet, but in the meantime, I place my backpack behind it to hold it in place.)
I then proceed to place my key into the ignition and turn the key... The prelude is a standard so when starting it, I need to either press the clutch or put it into neutral. I park on an incline so when doing either of these two things, the car will roll backwards...but this isn't a problem because I can always rely on the E-brake to hold my car in it's place, right...? WRONG.

My E-brake wire is snapped so the only way to keep it from rolling is the brake pedal... BUT, my car has a tendancy to stall if you don't pump the gas, so what you have to do is alternate between the gas and brakes.

Anyways I've got to make it through 45mins -1 hour of traffic to get to RRC. I start driving, I can hear a strange screeching noise...it's the belt...and you can hear it from a mile away.

"boy that's gotta be annoying..." you say. "heck yes." I witfully reply. "but thats not all"

When it's cold out, there's another sound...a mysterious sound.... that will send chills down your spine....at first it sounds like a coin that been dropped....but as you rev higher it gets louder...higher pitched... so loud you cannot talk... ENOUGH TO DRIVE SOMEONE MAD!...well, you get the idea.

Of course these are all the negative aspects to my car. There are positives, believe it or not. flip up headlights....bucket seats... in the summer, I can use the moonroof...

okay, fine. Let's just put it out there: On a scale of Awesome to Sucky, it's a landslide on the sucky side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home