Tuesday, December 27, 2005

SLEEP IS OVER-RATED.

Sleep is over-rated. There, I said it. Why waste hours of your day lying in your bed like a vegetable, when you could be studying for a cure for cancer, or something productive like that. If scientists didn't sleep at all we would probably have flying cars by now...

Anyways

Yesterday morning I got up and left for the college at 8 am. My normal routine for a school day is to stay until my classes end and book it home, but I was bogged down with a lot of work, so I decided I would take some time to study with some people and save myself the homework.
Hours later:
There was much rejoicing over the completion of one paticularly long assignment. But there were still more work to be done, so eight of us strived on to other assignments.

At 11 pm, there was an idea sparked from our group of keeners...

"Why go home, when all we'll do is sleep? we might as well keep working until our next class." said someone
"An all nighter...? Why?" I asked
"Why not" was the reply.

I'm not entirely sure what was driving me through the night, but was able to keep focused the majority of the night. Although, I cannot say the same for the rest our studying crew. At one point some started blasting country music...and this was not good... because this seemed to bring out the hick in every caucasions in the room. I mean, I don't want to stereotype white people, because I know that not Every white person listens to country. However, this seemed to be the case in my perdictiment. Each and every white guy knew every single lyric to the country songs that were played. It was late, I was tired, and white people were singing country songs. Nothing could be more traumatizing.
The night also seemed be a lucky night for vending machines:
Adam was feeling the z's coming on, so he decided to go buy himself a coffee. Whilst, pressing the button, the words "Winner!" flashed on the digital display of the machine. Wow, this is great! Adam is the winner of the coffe vending machine! What does he win? a car? a trip to hawaii?
Following Adam's hopeful thoughts, the vending machine spit out one dollar... Almost as to say, "Here's lookin' at you, kid. Don't spend it all in one place."
Well I guess it's nothing to complain about. He Did buy himself another coffee with his new found wealth.

I too had some good luck with a vending maching that night. I went to go buy some caffine to better my attempt of staying awake, so I stopped at the Coke machine, popped in my 2 bucks, and pressed the large button that said, 'COKE'. nothing happened. Again, I pressed the large button that said, 'COKE'. nothing happened. I shook the machine, which made this unusual sound. I came to the conclusion that it was stuck, so I gave it a swift kick. SUCCESS! The coke dropped down into the dispenser. As I turned to walk away another Coke dropped down.
Score!
Girish 1; Coke machine : 0

I'm pretty sure you're thinking we did nothing but goof around all night, but we did get a lot of work done. It's just that you wouldn't want to hear about homework. Homework isn't that exciting to talk about.

Or is it?

There was question 5 on our Section 7 assignment of Statics, which many people were having issues with. The objective of the question was to find the equilibrium on these 2 balls resting on a wall. it kind of looked like this:




Procedure:
FBD#1
We took all the forces and broke them down each into components. With each component, we found the summation of Fx and Fy to solve, using substituion, for the unknown force acting on the ball 1 from ball 2.
FBD#2
Using the force applied from ball 1, we calculated the Fx and Fy applied on the second ball. Again, using substitution we can solve for the force being applied perpendicular to the wall.

Of course this would allow us to get the appropriate amount of jiggawatts needed to jump start our flux capacitor into signal drift. Once hyperflux was complete, were were able to sort out the index sequencer.

(that last part was a joke)


We continued our adventure onto the next morning into class. I was able to stay awake until I went to our surveying class. Yeah...I don't remember much after that, becasue it's an incredibly boring class where I cannot pay attention when I'm fully rested anyways.
After class I came home, grabbed a bite to eat, and went to sleep. I then woke up, ate some more, started writing this blog. So now you're up to date on my life in the past 48 hours or so.
I hope youre happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home