Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Cricket = Awesome ; Cricket 2005 = not so awesome.

Cricket...what can I say?
It's everything you could ever want in a sport: 2 wickets, a stick, and a ball.
Well thats I want anyways.
Besides crickets being an extremely sophisticated sport, there are other reasons why it appeals to me so much.

Reason 1: Cricket happens to be one of the only sports that India is really good at.

okay so maybe there's just one reason that I can think of.
Anyways, recently I downloaded the demo version of 'EA SPORTS' CRICKET 2005'. This would be my very first experience with a cricket Videogame. Never heard of a cricket videogame before? well, there's a good reason why.

Now, to begin, I must explain that I downloaded this game expecting something of poor quality...because lets face it, Cricket was not meant for the videogame world.
Okay so the graphics in this game were decent...but thats about it...the controls were strange and most of the time you watched the crazy cricket officals shake their finger at you because you made some stupid fault. And whats up with the officials having Cell phones...? Who's going to call them?

"hello mr. official, this is the president."
"Can't talk now! I'm busy shaking my finger because someone made a fault!"

Thats basically all I can really comment on the game due to the demo being extremely limited.


I wonder what cricket would be like if it were more videogame friendly... well it would obviously have to be called something like 'cricket man 5000' , where Cricket Man would obviously be a ninja of some sort wielding not one but two cricket bats and involve rescuing the sacred wicket from the grasp of satan himself...


..or I could be just extremely sleep deprived.
Good night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home