Tuesday, December 27, 2005

'The Waking Life'? or just a messed acid trip?

So Garrett called me over tonight to see this crazy movie he rented. It was called 'Waking Life'. Most movies Garrett introduces me to are rather strange, so this comes of no exception:



Have you ever had a sudden spark in the interest of an alternate world and felt it neccesary to discuss these thoughts on philosophical issues concerning prospects for the beneficial utilization of lucid dreams with total strangers?

No? Well, Neither have I.

But apparently Richard Linklater, the director and writer of this 90 min talk-fest, thought it would better profit the world to make a movie based off his thoughts of dreams while he was sky high. This hippie film is filled with enough philosophical jargon and big words to make confucious scratch his head and say, "man, you gotta lay off those shrooms '
The visual style was definitly original, but at the same time made me nauseous, so it really did feel like I was high out of my mind.
Now, I don't do drugs, so I can't say firsthand what it feels like, but I gather it's awfully close to watching 90 mins of 'Waking Life'.
So if you're not the druggy type but you still want to get high.... I highly recommend this movie.

Girish OUT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home